Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Whining Time

So, over the past few days, I've been pretty frustrated with the bossy women in my family and the overall rudeness. Or, so it seems rude to me. People have just been asking me for stuff without saying "please" and "thank you" and that really throws me off sometimes. I've also been frustrated because I can't defend myself as well as I'd like to because my language is not as strong as I'd like it to be. I've also had to change my attitude to protect myself from being taken advantage of. I really am out on my own here and I have to carefully sculpt my relationship with each person. I've been refusing to help my sisters with some of their chores because I don't want them depending on me. I got a heads up about setting precendents from my site buddy. She started going to fields one day during the summer vacation with her family, and now she can't stop going because they expect her to help everyday and she hates it! I don't want that to be me. I gotta keep switching things up. I also think that the lack of personal space is getting to me a bit. At the moment, I only have one room with all my stuff packed in it, but after the rainy season, my family will build me one or two other rooms. As bratty as that sounds, it really is needed for my mental health. Until then, I need to find a spot where I can chill away from everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment