Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Segou-Magic

I've now been to Segou twice. The first time was when Jasmine was here. We took a trip with my friends to Dogon Country and took lunch in Segou while passing through. From that 2-hour stop, I knew that Segou would be a place that I would have to visit again. So, when my friends, Krystal and Dani, decided to celebrate their birthdays there, I had to go!

Segou is one of the cleanest, most chill river-town I have ever been to, in Mali. When I'm there, it's like taking in a nice gulp of fresh air. It has everything that Bamako has, except it's smaller, cleaner, neater and more quiet. There are nice hotels, nice places to shop, delicious food, boat rides, nice trees for shade as you walk along the streets, and an awesome bogolan (mud cloth) factory/shop. Honestly, Segou reminds me of small-town America, except Malian-style. Love it! And I can't wait to go back in February for the international music festival!

1 comment:

  1. im so excited that you're going for the international music festival!!!!

    and u can't "take lunch" u frenchified girl you

    ReplyDelete