Monday, April 4, 2011

Boredom Can Spark New Ideas!

So, I'm getting bored. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on funding for my Career Day and my library committee is still working on a budget. I'm also thinking about what the heck I'm gonna do during the summer-months when school is out. I'm scared, because I'll be even more bored, so I gotta find something to preoccupy myself.

Therefore, I'm thinking about getting more aquainted with my local health clinic. It's called a CSCOM. I think it stands for Community Health Center and Outpatient Maternity (?). And those who know me , know that I've always had a strong interest in health issues. I'd really like to learn more about why African health care is so poor.

What are their daily practices? What kind of training does the staff have? What is their pay? What is the patient to doctor ratio? What are the sanitation standards? How do patients pay for the medical services? Is there any health education involved with treatment? How is AIDS perceived here? What are the medical superstitions/bush medicines that people believe? I have sooooooo many questions and I'm really excited to start having new conversations and new things to share with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment