Friday, October 22, 2010

Malian-Birthday

Today's my birthday and the first birthday that I will celebrate in Mali! Malian's don't celebrate birthdays, so I wasn't expecting much in village. I also came down with a head cold, but my friend, Dani, came to spend the day with me! We made the most of my Malian-birthday and we headed to the city, where we bargained for jewelry at the Artisan's Market, ate fried chicken and ice cream for lunch and then we headed to the bureau to pick up my packages! However, when we arrived at the bureau, there were no new deliveries! On the ledger, it stated that the last date packages were delivered were on September 30th. I was devastated but, then I asked around and found out that packages were being delivered today, on my birthday of course! Later, we headed back to my village where we watched the most recent episodes of Glee. I'm so glad that I didn't have to spend my birthday alone in village!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were devasted about the packages not having arrived :( I'm glad they finally came though :) And you got those nice new BAUBLES!

    ReplyDelete