Friday, October 22, 2010

More Drama/I hate living with so many women!

I swear, every time I do my laundry something always goes down! THIS time, I did my laundry completely by myself and I was actually sort of enjoying it, because there were no commentators around to judge my performance. So, I had everything set up, things were going fine, I was almost finished and then, my sassy sister came back from the market and told me that my rinsing water was getting dirty. Well of course it was because I was doing two loads, but I didn't want to draw more well water. I was tired, so I said "Je m'en fiche." I only had two more items to wash and they were my clothes, so I just wanted to finish with what I had. But, she kept saying my water was dirty and this was bad and I just said that I didn't mind. However, I soon found out that "Je m'en fiche," were fighting words! She was really upset that I said that I didn't care, so I went over and I explained that I didn't mean to upset her, but in English, "Je m'en fiche," is not a serious offense. Luckily, my site buddy came to visit and I could escape the fire and go out for cold sodas, wosso and vent heavily in English.

1 comment:

  1. I coulda told you that! Je m'en fiche is extremely informal and colloquial and means more than just I don't care. "Je m'en fou" is like "i don't give a d***/f***". Je m'en fiche is supposed to a b a little better than that, but still a little rude. I tried to look it up, and it says it's a little like "I couldn't care less". I might have said "Ce m'est egal" which i think means "it's all the same to me/it's equal to me"

    ReplyDelete