Friday, October 29, 2010

Night-Thoughts

Tonight, God re-taught me a lesson through nature. I was sitting outside as a storm was approaching. Usually, I like to watch the clouds roll in, but this time, I sat with my back facing the storm. I could feel the wind and I could see it kicking-up dust and trash all around me. I could hear the sounds of leaves rustling, doors swinging, chickens clucking and sand brushing against metal surfaces. And I could smell the moisture in the air and I knew the storm was coming, but I felt fearful because I couldn't see it. I felt exposed, very small and helpless and I caught myself catching my breath. I felt silly for being afraid, because I knew that all I had to do was turn around and face what was making me fearful. So, I did and all my fear disappeared. I learned that it's easy to be scared of a storm that you can't see and this is why one must keep an eye out on the horizon, so you can prepare for what's coming.

1 comment:

  1. What a powerful lesson Jade! Thinking of you!

    Love, Charis

    ReplyDelete