Sunday, August 29, 2010

8/13/10

Today was a very rainy day, so nothing was going on. I woke up, took my bath, ate a breakfast of bread and some type of eggs that wasn't chicken eggs. It was better than chicken eggs, muuuch better. Then, I went to my room, read and took a nap. Then, I went to eat lunch and I played UNO with my little brothers. Then, I retired to my room again and I played guitar and read some more. As the rain stopped, I went to talk with my sisters and study Bambara. My sister asked me why I don't want to be called a Tubab and I told her it's because I did not colonize her country. I think now she understands. My other sister/host mom proceeded to ask me if I'm married. Here we go again! I said no, and Adama proceeded to tell me that her brother is a doctor and he's not married. Soooo, now I'm engaged to her brother and my new nickname is doktoromuso. Ha!

3 comments:

  1. jade what does doktoromuso mean.... u dont explain these bambara words all the time...

    and why r u engaged now lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doktoromuso means "doctors wife" I'm doing better in Mali than I was in America lol!

    ReplyDelete