Thursday, August 5, 2010

7/25/10

7/25/10
Today marks the beginning of the second phase of homestay. I had been regretting coming back ever since I left! But, now that I’m back, I’m feeling a lot better. I know people a little better, I’m even happy to be back in my small, hot room. I could go without the negen, animals and lack of sanitation though. Overall, it’s good to be back in the village. Despite everything that I can complain about, the village itself is quite beautiful. I can see hills and sky for miles and I don’t think I’ll ever tire of seeing the richness of this land. In two weeks, I will know where I’ll be living for the next two years! I hope I end up in a village like Sunduguba. The people are nice and it’s relatively clean and about 20 km outside of Bamako. This seems ideal for me: living in a village, but not too far from the city. Let’s hope I get what I want!

1 comment:

  1. isn't this what u got? sorry, im reading this after the fact. i kno u got ur final placement now

    ReplyDelete