Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sick. Again!

Today, I'm sick AGAIN! why, why why?! I'm down with diarrhea and a head cold. No one from my family has checked in on me :( I don't know if it's because they've been told to give the American's their privacy or if it's a cultural thing. I think it's the former. I came out for lunch and I thought my diarrhea was gone, but I was wrong! I think I'm going to stay in the whole day and study and sweat and poop. I think the flies and poor hygeine have made me sick. The flies go back and forth from the negen to the dishes and food all day and it is impossible to keep poop out of my food and off my dishes. Man, by the time I leave Africa, my immune system will be able to handle anything. The one thing that made my day was getting lots of PC visitors as word traveled across villages that "Jade has diarrhea, AGAIN!" I even got three hugs :)

3 comments:

  1. Jade,

    Mom & Jas said they spoke to u earlier. Sorry to hear that u have had some challenges but u knew there would be some. Hope u feel better soon and that your language skills improve even sooner.

    We have had some challenges posting to ur blog. Hopefully this one makes it. How long will u be at the PC center? Hopefully the time there will allow u to re-group.

    Prayin for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, mom told me you all were having problems, but obviously, I got this post. I'm going back to homestay this afternoon. Pray for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey jade!!! i hope you feel better!! can we send you anything?
    kaylyn!

    ReplyDelete