Thursday, July 22, 2010

Malian men

The guys here are pretty straightforward. I guess when you live in a place where family is everything and you rely on a big family for support, I'd wanna get married and start making babies too. So far, seven guys have come up and asked if I'm married. Then, they ask me if I pra., I simply answer yes and some people know that I'm Christian, but they still want to marry me. This one guy came up to me and asked me in English, if "I do sex?" I was shocked, firstly because I had just met him and secondly, because he's Muslim. I don't know, it just didn't add up. I wasn't offended that he asked and the conversation turned to an interesting discussion on religion and it confirmed my faith. I definitely couldn't marry outside of my religion or culture. I'm starting to see that I am too strong of a woman for anyone outside of the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment