Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 2

It's day 2 in the beautiful city of Philadelphia! Already, I've been awake for 8 hours. This morning started with going to the FOH to receive our Yellow Fever vaccination. We waited around for 3 hours to get one shot! This was our first taste of PC (Peace Corps) time. This afternoon, I got a chance to tour downtown Philly, by a horse-drawn carriage under a gorgeous cloud spotted sky. The architecture here is incredible! I forgot that it's one of the oldest cities in America and it is so perfect to be in the city where our nation began. To be in the place where our founding fathers drafted what they wanted our nation to represent, and to leave from this place to bring those same ideals to Mali, is pretty poetic. And Independence day is right around the corner! I've never thought of myself as an American, but I will definitely think about it more once I'm overseas. I feel quite humbeled right now as I'm preparing to board the bus to JFK airport. It's getting real ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you've had a great start to your journey. I'm so proud of you Jade. I've added your blog to my phone's home page. Keep it interesting!!!
    Love Uncle Corey (Moe)

    ReplyDelete