Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rainy season/Sex roles

The sand storms here are wicked! I love them, because they bring in the rain. They are also a beautiful sight to see (I'll have to take pictures of the next one). The sky turns this beautiful color of orange, red, blue and greys. However, when you see these colors, it's usually a good time to start running for shelter.

Men: work the field, take care of the livestock, protect the family, play soccer, drink tea and smoke cigarettes.

Women: work the field, make food allllll day, take care of the children, clean, do laundry.

The women do soooo much work alllll day long. I'm so blessed to have been born a girl in America.

2 comments:

  1. Jade,
    I'm really having difficulty posting comments. You won't believe that I have entered comments on each of your blogs but they never actually post. UGHHH! Would love to see some of these photos. Send when you can. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyc post....Nice weather can change mood of any one...As Rain Gauges expert I must appreciate your post.....Thanx

    ReplyDelete