Sunday, August 29, 2010

8/17/10

Today is Jasmine's birthday! She's 22 and I wish I was there to celebrate with her! However, I've been up since 6:30 am and I've been in session all day. I was not having a good day and I was not looking forward to going back to homestay, and from talkign with other volunteers, I'm not the only one. The past couple of days have been exhausting back at Tubaniso. Everyone is high off of the excitement of being at site and now we're dreading going back to homestay. There's no point in going back!

I'm back in homestay, and now that I'm back, I feel a little better. It's nice to see their faces again. I gave them cookies and they helped me with my bags and we chatted a bit. I took a shower and now it's raining. I'm so glad it's raining because it's been so hot.

1 comment: