Thursday, August 5, 2010

8/3/10

In Bamako, AGAIN! Agh! I shouldn't be complaining, but everytime we go to Bamako, we miss laguage learning time and I feel like my language is deteriorating. Today's session was at the CNR ENF, Center for Informal Learning, where we llearned about the different institutions where people can learn how to read and write in their local language and learn a skillset. Afterward, we went out for another tubab lunch. It was AMAZING! I ordered a salad with chicken, ham, corn, tomatoes and lettuce it was so good to my body. I then ordered a chocolate crepe, which was beneficial to my mental and spiritual health. There was also a big tubab store next door that I spent lots of money at and I bought my family a cake, because the last time I went to Bamako, one of my sisters asked me where their cookies were. I pretended that I didn't understand and when I went to Bamako on Sunday, I didn't bring back anything, but this time I did. I bought them a cake and I wondered how they were going to eat it, given that they eat everything with their hands. I watched the dugutigi's face as he was thinking the same thing. I suggested they cut slices and each person could proceed to eat it with their hands. Problem solved and they loved it and me. And tonight was women's night after class, and I asked my mom if she at the cake, b/c she was in the field when I returned. She loved it! So, at women's night, I joined the dancing circle without my mom asking me to join and she was so pleased that she soon joined the circle and took my hand to dance! It was a beautiful mother/daughter moment!

In other news, it hasn't rained in more than a week and I'm pisssssed. Where's my sanji? Funteni be n na! (I'm hot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment