Sunday, August 29, 2010

8/23/10

Today, I made American style corn and my family loved it! I didn't even have butter, but it's way better thant coal-burnt Malian corn. I forgot that yesterdayy, some of my family came back from out of town and the baby of the group, Awa, was so happy to see me! She kept saying "Djeneba, Djeneba, Djeneba!" So, I said "Awa, Awa, Awa!" and she loved it. Another thing that happened yesterday is a cockroach got inside my room, which isn't terribly hard to do given I have a pretty sizeable gap between my door and the wall. I completely freaked out! Maybe it was beacuse of the mefloquin, but I tripped, completely. I couldn't even get ready for bed, I was so scared, I just jumped in my bed and tucked in my mosquito net and prayed that I woulnd't I have to get up and pee until the sun came up. This morning, I got up, still a little freaked but I went to take my shower and got ready. When I got back, I looked up and saw a cockroach on my wall! I was so disgusted that I vowed to kill it later today, because I was going to buy some bug spray. I got the spray, but I couldn't do it! I had to ask my sisters to help me fumugate. Everyone got a kick out of the silly American who hates cockroaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment